The client is amongst the largest banks in terms of market capitalisation in APAC, and operates in more than 34 markets across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Pacific, Europe, America and the Middle East. The bank offers Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Investment Management, Global Wealth Management, Private Equity, Mortgages and Credit Cards for private and corporate clients.
The client had experienced high defects in the roll-out of a new online cash management product, leading to frequent outages and loss of market reputation. The product was to be launched across 9 countries in North and South East Asia and involved the integration of country/region specific core banking systems.
1TX took complete ownership of test management across the entire testing life cycle of the product with end-to-end test management of the platform including all localized versions across the 9 countries in a managed services model. 1TX’s Testing Center of Excellence (CoE) helped provide direction for the standardization of the testing process across all portfolios to ensure service delivery predictability and base-lining of SLAs. The transition was KPI driven to keep disruption of BAU activities to the minimum. 1TX’s test frameworks and tools were leveraged for environment management, Test Automation and Performance Engineering.
- Over 60% automation coverage for the regression test suite
- 20% upfront productivity improvement from engagement initiation
- 10% cost benefits due to off-shoring testing services
- Optimization and continuous improvement of test processes resulting in 5%-7% reduction in testing effort on an annual basis
- Upstream SDLC Process improvement resulting in 30% defect containment at the development stage
- 20+ 1TX testing tools and accelerators were implemented that contributed to productivity improvement
Risk mitigated transition in 6 months with minimal disruption to BAU activities
Defined defect root cause analysis and feedback mechanism for phase containment of defects
Effective demand management process based on heuristic and rolling business demand
What they said
1TX has partnered with us to deliver quality testing and support services to our business areas. Their focus has resulted in an increase in the quality of testing and has contributed to the stability of our products.